Surgical masks are an essential part when it comes to preventing bacterias from transmitting from an infected person to a healthy person. Surgical masks are loose-fitting and easily disposable. You can easily purchase black surgical
Surgical masks are an essential part when it comes to preventing bacterias from transmitting from an infected person to a healthy person. Surgical masks are loose-fitting and easily disposable. You can easily purchase black surgical masks at https://www.joom.com/de .
What are surgical masks made of
Surgical masks are made of non woven fabric. Earlier masks were made of cloth. But the nonwoven fabric gained popularity due to better filtration of bacterias and its air permeability. Surgical masks are made in a multi-layered structure.
Surgical masks during coronavirus pandemic
The demand for surgical masks during coronavirus is very high. This has led to huge shortages due to which doctors and nurses have to see different patients using the same masks.
There are different levels and types of masks. There are mainly four levels according to ASTM certification which are minimum protection, level 1, level 2 and level 3.
- Minimum Protection: These masks are specially made for short duration examinations where no fluid is involved.
- Level 1: These masks have a fluid resistance of 80 mmHg. They should be used only in low-risk conditions.
- Level 2: These masks have a fluid resistance of 120 mmHg. They can prevent light or medium fluids from the transmission.
- Level 3: These are the most secure masks and have a fluid resistance of 160 mmHg. They will prevent you from heavy exposure to fluids and aerosols.
What are the uses of surgical masks
Surgical masks are mainly meant to prevent the transmission of germs from the mouth and nose of an infected person to a healthy person. They also help keep the operating room sterile. It is also worn by the general public if they have the flu or any other infection so that they don’t spread it to someone else. Masks help in preventing further spread of infections.
Tips for wearing surgical masks
- Always wash your hands before and after wearing a surgical mask. This is to prevent you from coming in contact with any bacteria or germs that might have settled on the mask during its usage.
- Make sure that there are no holes or tear marks on the mask. As it would be of no use to wear a mask that has holes in it.
- Place the metal strip on the mask above your nose and press it against it so that the mask would fit properly. Your mouth and chin should also be completely covered with the mask.
- After usage, always throw the mask in a closed garbage bin. Never reuse a mask as it could put you and others in the risk of coming in contact with any previous bacterias that might be on the mask.
You should always wear a mask if you think you have flu or any other infection. Being able to prevent the spread of an infection from the start could hamper its growth heavily. Although due to surgical masks being loose-fitting they could allow the germs to enter through the sides, they are still a good measure to prevent you from spreading an infection to someone else.