Chiropractic services are now widely or fully integrated into medical or other mainstream health care services in a number of countries. At the University of Southern Denmark, chiropractic physical therapy and medical students do their
Chiropractic services are now widely or fully integrated into medical or other mainstream health care services in a number of countries. At the University of Southern Denmark, chiropractic physical therapy and medical students do their first three years of basic science together, before moving on to their separate clinical training. In the United States, chiropractic care is now available in the military and administration of veterans’ hospitals and health care systems, as well as through the Harvard University health care network.
Chiropractic is known and recognized for treating lumbar, cervical and sciatica pain focuses its main action on the spine, unlike osteopathy which acts on the whole body. Assuming that any tension, blockage or misalignment of the spine will have an impact on the nervous system, the reasons for consulting a chiropractor are therefore as diverse as varied and go far beyond low back pain.
What is chiropractic?
The term “chiropractic” comes from the Greek kheir which means “hand” and from praktikos which means “putting into action”. Thus chiropractic is the “putting into action by the hand”. It is based on a global conception of the functioning of the organism and the relationships existing between the spine, the nervous system, the muscular system and certain health disorders. Adjustment or chiropractic manipulation, performed mainly with the hands, aims to eliminate interference from the nervous system and restore the optimal functioning of the human body. Chiropractic thus relies on the recovery capabilities of the human body. It helps you find your full vital potential through your body’s innate capacities to adapt and self-heal.
When to consult a chiropractor?
At any age from the little baby who has just been born, to the young child, pregnant woman or new mother, older people, there is something for everyone. Chiropractic is therefore not limited to low back pain.
Chiropractic: consultation and benefits
Beyond back problems, neck or sciatica, a chiropractor can also intervene in the cause pain in the jaw and associated disorders such as creaking of the jaws, difficulty or inability to open or close the mouth, dental pain, pain during chewing.
- Dizziness and lightheadedness with maneuvers acting on the inner ear
- Headache with muscle therapy and exercise prescription to help and relieve headaches
- Osteoarthritis, joint pain and stiffness with action especially at the level of relief allowing conservation of joint movement
- Tendonitis, tendinopathy, epicondylitis are expert field of chiropractors
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, the global approach of the chiropractor will allow him to carry out a neurological and physical examination of the shoulder, elbow, wrists, hand and fingers and a vertebral examination but also numbness of the feet, arms and legs.
- Tinnitus, especially if it is aggravated by a cervical origin in connection with inadequate postures or a cervical or head trauma
- Frequent falls and balance problems related to scrambled information from the eyes, ears and muscle receptors.
- Pain-related to pregnancy and childbirth, in the pelvis, back, headache, pubic pain, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome. Chiropractic adjustments can promote childbirth and allow better recovery during the postnatal period.
- Congenital torticollis or plagiocephaly in babies
The practice of chiropractors
The chiropractor mainly directs his manipulations by pressure and adjustment on the spine. These manipulations are gentle and rigorously precise. To remove doubts about your state of health, consult a doctor online.